2018 Top 10 Banks in the Philippines per data from the Central Bank of the Philippines, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
|Rank||Universal and Commercial Banks||Assets in millions of PhP (September 2017)|
List of major universal and commercial banks in the Philippines
BDO Unibank (BDO; largest bank in the Philippines in terms of assets; 243rd largest bank globally)
Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Metrobank)
Land Bank of the Philippines (Landbank; LBP, main government bank)
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI; oldest bank in Southeast Asia)
Security Bank Corporation (Security Bank)
Philippine National Bank (PNB)
China Banking Corporation (Chinabank)
Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP, secondary government bank)
Union Bank of the Philippines (Unionbank)
Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Citibank Philippines
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- East West Banking Corporation (EastWest Bank)
- Asia United Bank Corporation (AUB)
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC)
- Philippine Trust Company (Philtrust Bank)
- Bank of Commerce
- Maybank Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom)
- Robinsons Bank Corporation
- BDO Private Bank (subsidiary of BDO Unibank)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd. Manila Branch
- Deutsche Bank
- Philippine Veterans Bank (Veterans Bank; PVB)
- Standard Chartered Bank Philippines
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMorgan Chase)
- CTBC Bank (Chinatrust)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Manila Branch
- ING Group N.V.
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Bank of China – Manila Branch
- Mega International Commercial Bank Co. LTD
- Bangkok Bank Co. Ltd.
- KEB Hana Bank – Manila Branch
- Cathay United Bank Co. Ltd. – Manila Branch
- Industrial Bank of Korea Manila Branch
- United Overseas Bank Limited Manila Branch
- Shinhan Bank – Manila Branch
- First Commercial Bank Manila Branch (zh)
- Al-Amanah Islamic Investment Bank of the Philippines
- The forty-two banks listed above are those with the biggest assets in the Philippine Banking Industry, listed at the BSP Website as of June 30, 2017.
- The largest of which is BDO Unibank and the smallest among the forty-two is Al-Amanah Islamic Bank.
RANKING AS TO RETURN ON EQUITY (ROE)
RANKING AS TO TOTAL STOCKHOLDER’S EQUITY
RANKING AS TO TOTAL ASSETS THRIFT BANK GROUP PHILIPPINES
Source: Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Wikipedia